- This website is to act as an information “guide” and to help adoptees connect, however, we encourage individuals to act responsibility and practice caution when using and/or sharing any information over the Internet or in person. People follow the information on this site at their own risk.
- Hong Kong Adoptees Network (HKAN) is dedicated and primarily focused on addressing the interests of adults adopted or orphaned from Hong Kong. As this site has strong themes connected to exploring adoption and the social, cultural and emotional dynamics of such families (including culture, race, and identity etc.) responsible adults are encouraged to review the content first before showing it to a person 13yrs or younger.
- Any content or comments contributed to the site by others or linking to external content may not reflect the views/opinions of HKAN. We will endeavor to allow people who contribute to freely express their thoughts, however HKAN reserves the right to remove or edit content at our discretion. All comments & content made on public areas of the site are public and contributors are responsible for any personal details about themselves or others (e.g. emails, address) they share publicly.
- HKAN cannot guarantee the quality of contents of external links, you go to external links at your own risk.
- Occasionally the host provider will go down. In general the website & email can be down for a number of hours and come back within 24hrs. If you experience any technical difficulties with the site, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Sometimes development improvements are made to the site. In this case the site may appear to not function correctly. If you are having problems using the site for longer than 38hrs please contact us detailing the issue. While we try to back up the site as much as possible, there is a chance if there is a major problem with either host or the site, there maybe data loss from the comments, blog submissions, etc. We will endure to back up the site from time to time but we advice that people submitting content always store a copy. Changes to the site may also lead to restructuring of urls and links, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- We are a group of volunteers and while we try to reply to people both by email or the social networks as quickly as possible, there maybe times where we may not be able to replay straight away. We thank you for your patience.
- The content of this site are copyright protected to (c) Hong Kong Adoptees Network (HKAN) or individual contributions or content source to the original creator or other wise stated. You must seek permissions from the appropriate person to use any of the HKAN website content.
- You may not link this site to any site that contains or promotes content which is illegal, pornographic or links to pornography, or promotes violence, hatred, scamming, hacking, spamming or piracy.
- HKAN and some of it’s members have info, documents & downloads they’d like to share with the community but this may only be available for members in the members only areas of the website. All content in members only areas are only meant for members with HKAN website logins and must not be distributed passed on to 3rd parties without permission from HKAN or the original content owner. HKAN can not be held liable for individuals that pass members only content to none HKAN website members.
- We understand the nature of sensitive information when it comes to details of adoption and adoption stories. Personal information collected internally by HKAN will not be passed or sold to third parties and will be used for internal purposes, unless with permission. (for e.g. if you’d like us to put you in touch with another adoptee). The information may be used for internal proposes.
- Emails & IP addresses are collected only for admin processes only, for example when you make a comment, send us an email, become a user/HKAN website member etc. Emails & IP addresses will not be passed on to 3rd parties unless with permission.
- You post/contribute sensitive details in the public areas at your own risk. Please contact us if you would like content relating to yourself to be removed or altered or omitted.
- Events connected to HKAN or other events listed on this website will likely have attendees taking photos for person use. We also take photos that will be intended for the HKAN website & blog. Occasionally group photos will be passed to people or organisations that have helped support a HKAN event (e.g. organisations that have helped with a venue or food or sponsors or guests etc) they might use on their own website or newsletter. Members or people that have attended these events may also pass us photographs to post on the HKAN website. We will endever to respect the privacy of people that have requested at events not to feature in photographs, however especially in large numbers it can be difficult and often accidental in which we apologise in advance. If a photograph has been posted without your permission which you feel infringes on your privacy, please Contact us straight away so that we can either remove/amend/omit the image or remove your identity. This also applies to other content that is personally connected to yourself like personal details, full names etc.
- Some information, documents and downloads have been passed to us by members/3rd parties or with permission from original content owners or obtained via legal publicly available sources. We make content available on the site in the spirit of sharing with the HKAN community and for the more sensitive material we try place in members only areas. While we appetite that some historical information is difficult for some people unless information is about yourself, we may not be able to complete a removal/omission request. Every case is different, and we will endeavour to consider every request, however we are not obligated to remove content unless it infringes your personal privacy/rights or for other genuine legal reasons.
- HKAN admin chose who becomes a members. In general it with be HK adoptees, however HKAN may also add people that are connected to HKAN in some manner at their discretion who may not be a HK adoptee/orphan.
- Members must not give other people their login details.
- You can requestion to be removed as a member at any time.
- HKAN can remove membership at their desecration without notice.
- The members areas are only for HKAN members and we hope to foster a safe environment. While HKAN vet members to the best of their ability, we can not be held reliable for other HKAN members that pass on information without our knowledge. With that in mind we ask that you bear that in mind when sharing personal information even within the members areas.
- Each event is different so please read the events posts & emails carefully to see what the criteria of an event you might be interested in, this will stop you being disappointed on the day. Events are always subject to change, and we will always try our best to inform you of the changes as soon as possible.
- As the numbers are growing we do have limited places, please make sure that you have officially booked a place with the organising team. This is usually down to the space limitation or security at venues.
- HKAN organise casual event gatherings. You attend these events at your own risk and attendees are fully liable for themselves & minors. HKAN can not take any responsibility for attendees including physically or financially.
- We often meet in public places and often in places that can just accommodate our numbers. Due to these factors we can not always cater for disabilities or dietary needs. Of course we will do our best, but we strongly advice that you inform us prior to a reunion.
- We are a voluntary group and have no real funding to speak as of yet. We therefore expect everyone to be responsible for their own finances. In the future this also might including a registration/booking fees up front to cover costs of e.g. venue bookings to accommodate more of us.
- Photographs will no doubt be taken at these social events for personal use. We will be putting more photos on the website in the future, please let us know if you do not want to be in groups shots or other photos that maybe shown publicly on the site. All attendees must respect the privacy of the person they are taking a photo of. If you are hoping to put a photo up in a public space please ask permission from the person. HKAN is not liable for individuals and where they place photos they have taken.
- No photos/or video is to be used in the media without strict permission for the people in the photos/video.
- To grow our community we may sometimes post event notices that may be run by other groups, organisations or individuals. Please note that these are for information purposes only and we can not take any liability for you participating in activities linked on this website.
- Content contributed (e.g. writings and photographs) are copyrighted or permissions given to the individual who contributed. Where possible we have stated who the content was by, however if you are the copyright holder and want to be credited or have content removed please do contact us.
- Website and logo was designed and implemented by Jessica Emmett.
- Original content co-written by HKAN admin and HKAN member contributions.
- The site is powered by WordPress & Theme based on WordPress theme Twenty Eleven modified by Jessica Emmett.